Looking for a new intranet and wondering whether to use SharePoint? If you’ve searched up ‘intranet sharepoint’ you’re not alone. With so many companies using Microsoft 365, and with SharePoint included in their M365 license, SharePoint is a logical choice for intranet software. SharePoint isn’t just a default however, it’s also a solid option; just ask the 200,000-plus organizations and 190 million people who use SharePoint for their intranets, team sites and content management.
And to add to SharePoint’s appeal, Microsoft has added SharePoint Connections to its offerings.
In this blog post, I’ll examine SharePoint in more detail:
- Are all SharePoint intranets the same?
- Introduction to SharePoint modern intranet
- Introduction to Microsoft Viva Connections
- Developing your intranet with SharePoint. Product, framework or internal?
- What should your SharePoint intranet do?
It’s over 20 years since the creation of the first intranets. Technology has changed greatly in that time. The way people work from anywhere, at any time with any device has changed the world of work dramatically. Increasingly, the best intranets are business critical tools that people rely on to aid their work.