Korn Ferry will continue to accelerate its rapid growth over the next five years, and such an ambitious objective requires a fully informed and productive workforce. Creating an intelligent and engaging ‘One Korn Ferry’ digital workspace was a major priority to help facilitate such rapid growth. What’s more, as the company evolves, the digital workspace needs to evolve and grow alongside it, flexible enough to meet the demands of changing business requirements and objectives.
Korn Ferry had organised a joint team made up of business leaders, consultants and IT professionals called the Collective Intelligence Task Force and chose to partner with leading digital workspace experts, ClearPeople, following an initial introduction at one of the agency’s industry events focused on user experience.
Working alongside Korn Ferry’s Collective Intelligence Task Force, ClearPeople developed FUSE using Office 365 SharePoint Online in line with Korn Ferry’s global cloud strategy and taking advantage of Microsoft’s evolving roadmap.
Secondary to the main intranet platform, but just as important, was the implementation and creation of a number of tools to enhance the digital workspace experience, taking it from “just an intranet” to an “intelligent digital workspace” where the entire business can harness data, insight and expertise.
“The new solution is having a really positive impact on our collaboration internally and on the value we are able to provide our clients. We are now able to collaborate and explore content across the whole of Office 365, resulting in much higher engagement and awareness across the business.” Erin Evans, Director of Strategy and Analytics, Korn Ferry
In terms of quantifying success, Korn Ferry are delighted to answer YES to all these questions:
- Are people collaborating faster?
- Are employees spending more time with clients?
- Can they win more work, faster?
- Can they deliver projects faster?
- Can they answer client queries more quickly?
With FUSE, the goal was to challenge the status-quo of conventional intranet capabilities by developing a set of tools that transcend the traditional user experience, the contextual experience and the mobile experience. The solution has also been able to achieve this by delivering relevant content that can be easily accessed, navigated and curated from any device at any time.
- The new digital workspace platform has all the expected features of a modern intranet such as personalisation settings on the homepage, enabling users to select their preferences for alerts, news, events etc, as well as a launchpad feature that allows quick access to favourite items and apps.
- Integration with other business systems like SAP and Salesforce meaning employees have immediate visibility of activity and information that saves them time and, importantly, helps them respond more quickly and efficiently to clients.
- Group Explorer - Allows Korn Ferry’s workforce to easily find and access collaboration areas across Office 365 Groups, Yammer and Microsoft Teams
- Contribute Wizard - Encourages the sharing of knowledge and ensuring that it is stored in a meaningful and managed capacity
- Social Collaboration – Improvement to the Yammer UX, tying in the back-end with a bespoke front-end solution and supressing its usual document upload features so that users are automatically storing documents in the main SharePoint site library
- “Fusifying” Modern Sites - a tool which allows a modern or classic SharePoint site to be "Fusified" which ensures consistent look and feel, meta data, menus and additional helpful features to be made available