At ClearPeople, we believe in taking an interest and subsequently taking responsibility for the impact of our activities on our employees, community and as well as on the environment. We see it as a necessary obligation to comply with certain guidelines, legislations as well as taking further voluntary steps to improve the quality of our working environment as well as our community and the environment at large.
ClearPeople is ISO14001 certified meaning we meet or exceed compliance with the local and national regulations and the International Standard for Environmental Management Systems.
CSR is an ongoing and evolving process and we at ClearPeople are constantly aware of new methods and incentives to further erase our carbon foot print and give back which we have been so freely given.The impact of our environmental policy is the continuous improvement in the management of our operations and continuous reduction in the impact of our activities on the environment. The policy ensures that our operations use energy and resources efficiently, in line with the company’s principle of sustainable development. Sustainability means meeting the needs of the present without compromising the needs of future generations.
We also endeavour to support charities close to our hearts through various forms of donations and fund raising. We have been supporting two SOS Children’s Villages in South Africa since 2010 and take part in fundraising events for our charity clients we work with.
Since 2009 we have contributed in the form of cash, time and in-kind support. For example, we've recently taken part in the Alzheimer's Memory Walk and AmnesTea Bake Sale.
As a company, we recognise that our operations have an effect on the environment in which we live and work and therefore environmental regulations, laws and codes of practice will be regarded as setting the minimum standards of environmental performance.
Our Environmental Policy affirms our commitment to operating in an environmentally responsible manner. Emphasis is placed on continuously improving our performance, by reducing the environmental impact of our operations, and compliance with all relevant environment legislation.
In accordance with the above Policy commitments, ClearPeople will:
- Ensure our operations are safe for our employees, consumers, and the environment.
- Minimise the production of waste
- Minimise material wastage
- Promote the use of recyclable and renewable materials
- Ensure that our staff, contractors and partner organisations are aware of our Environmental Policy and encourage them to incorporate the same principles
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and applicable codes of practice.
- Employees are encouraged to follow the following in-house practices:
- Recycling of paper, card, plastic bottles and cans
- Reuse of scrap paper
- Attempts for a more ‘paperless’ office through greater use of electronic documents
- Turning off office equipment when not in the office
- Computers all have a ‘sleep’ mode to save on energy usage and turnoff monitors when not in use
- The policy has senior management commitment
- Toner cartridges are recycled but the aim is also to refill cartridges instead of purchasing new ones
- Achieve further reduction in paper waste by reusing more scrap paper and purchasing recyclable paper
- Consider energy consumption when buying new office equipment
- Identify a recycling route for office equipment
- Training personnel – we implement our policies through guidelines and internal email
- This policy is reviewed and updated on an annual basis