According to a McKinsey report, the most gender diverse quarter of companies are 20% more likely than the least diverse to have above average financial performance (1). We’re proud that over 30% of our workforce are talented and skilled women, but it cannot be ignored that women are still massively under-represented in the technology sector. And we’re trying to do something about it.
We’re ambassadors for:
- Broadening our talent base by enhancing our recruitment process
- Creating opportunities for development, mentorship and more
- Sharing inspirational stories internally and externally via digital media
- Speaking at events and schools to inspire the next generation
- Women in tech events and seminars
With 2018 marking 100 years since women got the right to vote in the UK, and with women’s rights taking particular precedence in the news of late, it’s crucial to share positive experiences of what it’s like to be a woman in the workplace, and in particular, in technology.
We asked some of the inspirational women working at ClearPeople to tell us a bit more about themselves and discuss why they believe that being a woman in a notoriously male-dominated industry is important. Find out what they think here.
Is IT a man's world? Read our MD's article on empowering women in tech.