“Atlas – The Intelligent Workspace” is through and through a solution framework for organisations that have invested in the Microsoft cloud stack, which of course means Office 365 and Azure.
When deployed, it enables an Intelligent Workspace experience by tying together a number of underpinning Office 365 workloads, Microsoft Graph API, Microsoft Artificial Intelligent (AI) services (Cognitive Services, LUIS Language understanding Intelligent Services, Q&A maker, and Machine learning) as well as cutting edge third party tools for analytics and AI based content feeds.
The default Atlas experience lands in an intuitive experience through a well-designed “intranet type” experience with all the navigation and content components you would expect from a modern enterprise grade intranet experience.
This is underpinned by SharePoint Online, but Atlas connects users (through the Graph API) with Teams, Groups and Yammer for a deep and rich digital workspace experience. Where relevant, Atlas components surface straight inside Teams.
Atlas works across a multi Site Collection architecture suitable for larger organisations across divisions and geographies. Several Atlas customers leverage Microsoft’s Office 365 Multi-Geo feature to provide a better experience and stronger governance in the local regions.
Atlas utilises the SharePoint Framework (SPFx) model for Office 365 extensions, for building SharePoint Online pages and web parts, and generally for client-side development. All pages and apps are built to be responsive and mobile-ready.
The architecture of Atlas means that Atlas customers are able to:
- Govern and leverage a common taxonomy using the Office 365 Term Store.
- Introduce advanced - but consistent - search scopes across all Site Collections governed by Atlas.
- Build-out and manage consistent menu systems, including a powerful taxonomy driven mega menu as well as personalised navigation components.
But, Atlas is so much more than an Intranet, and includes incredibly powerful and smart features:
- “Add It”, providing frictionless contribution for non-technical end-users using a flexible and configurable wizard. All users need to know is to “Add it”.
- “Group Explorer”, leveraging Microsoft Graph API to deliver views of activities around the end-user, such as active and relevant collaboration areas.
- “Connect”, enterprise grade provisioning and governance is built into Atlas with Connect. With no SharePoint or Office 365 technical skills, organisations can delegate the creation of business area and tools to business users through an intuitive Connect experience.
Because Office 365 underpins Atlas, the range of features that are available is limited only by your licenses, but to highlight a few that are leveraged or accessible through Atlas:
- Automatic content review, disposal and retention.
- Content versioning and version history
- Microsoft Power Apps
- Microsoft Flow
- Microsoft Power BI
Finally, Atlas incorporates powerful third party tools and services:
- Deep analytics of usage across Office 365 workloads, providing far more in-depth data and insight than you get with Office 365.
- Future insights using a power Artificial Intelligence (AI) based service to discover, extract and ingest feeds about future predictions, trends and impacts – straight into your Intelligent Workspace.