Office 365 consultancy that provides real business value
Interested in getting your Office 365 investment back in half the time? Of course you are, who wouldn’t be? ClearPeople’s consultants provide both practical day-to-day and deep dive expert advice on Office 365.
Sometimes simple practical advice (what you might call low-hanging-fruit) is what creates the biggest excitement. Other times, we need to go deep and sort out underlying issues before Office 365 can be leveraged to its full potential. Either way, having worked with many clients across a variety of sectors, we have noticed common patterns, short falls and gaps leading to inefficient or disappointing user journeys. In turn this has led us to develop some really smart tools on, and for, Office 365 that compliments and extends the platform, and importantly provide a more intuitive experience.
We can in fact now show – with some factual data , some assumptions and a bit of statistical wizardry – how your organisation's efficiency can be impacted by focusing on just 5 user journeys. We can show the business value (time / money saved / gained) by leveraging Office 365, and we can show how we can assist your organisation accelerate this business value by a factor of 2 or more.
What is holding back adoption and gaining business value from Office 365?
A number of common themes have emerged across the industries and clients we have engaged with.
- The speed of change is out of step with traditional ways of onboarding new technology. This causes anxiety for management who don’t want to throw yet another tool at their users, while the organisation is behind on training programs and the business processes are often relying on older supporting technology. In some cases security and compliance policies prevent use of more modern technology, despite this being safer and more secure.
- Confusion amongst users (and the business) in terms of what to use when and for what. For example, where to file documents - do they use SharePoint, Teams or Yammer or should they stick to legacy document management system and file shares?
- The inconsistent search experience when using the Office 365.
- Active users complain that they are spending too much time swapping between applications looking for files, conversations etc.
- Office365 includes three core communication, collaboration and content applications; Teams, SharePoint and Yammer. For users it’s often difficult to know which one to use and when. Rather than reducing complexity, and increasing collaboration, many Office 365 implementations do the opposite, creating islands of content, and too many communication channels.
Join us for our free event on Office 365
Office 365 in a nutshell
The simplest explanation (but not entirely correct) is that Office 365 suite is a hosted, online version of the traditional installed Microsoft Office software. Office 365 is in fact a lot more than that which is exactly what makes it so hard to explain. A key advantage of the Microsoft Office 365 suite is that it eliminates a wide range of traditional IT maintenance tasks, such as patching, and infrastructure support costs. It also addresses a number of common compliance and security risks and compliance policies that are very hard for most organisations to address on their own.
For end users, the advantage is the ability to easily access the wide range of Office 365 offerings using any device, anywhere. This includes the traditional main stream Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) but also a whole range of new applications designed to underpin modern ways of working. Examples of that incudes Microsoft Teams and Yammer. Naturally, SharePoint (Microsoft’s most popular collaboration platform and content management system) is also part of Office 365 and in fact, SharePoint underpins many of the modern tools as the content management system.
In our experience, many organisations have taken the journey to Office 365 by looking at the isolated workloads on a case by case basis. Typically that has meant moving email to Exchange.
For a more in depth introduction to Office 365, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
How can we help?
Our consultants would be delighted to speak to you about Atlas and Office 365. Book a demo here.
We also offer free consultation to help you with your Office 365 journey. We will listen to your questions and work together on the best strategy for you. Fill in the form below for an initial informal chat without any obligations.