Are you fluent in both Customer-ese and Developer-speak?
Do you thrive at the intersection of the two – where you can translate an end user’s challenges and requirements into a prioritised set of technical development specs for a multi-disciplinary team?
Do you also have 4+ years of experience in the Microsoft Office 365/Azure solution stack?
If so, you might be ClearPeople's new Technical Product Owner.
ClearPeople is an award-winning Consultagency™ offering clients innovative digital transformation solutions. Our products and services unlock the value of technology investments so that employees can focus on the value they create doing their work, rather than getting bogged down in the complexity of the tools they use to do it.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Product Owner located in London or in Alicante, Spain, who is ready to step into the customer’s shoes to be the voice of the customer for our technical development team. Candidates must have 4+ years of experience working with Microsoft Office Solutions to be considered.
As the Technical Product Owner, you will gather, manage, and make visible the product backlog for future product development. You are the gatekeeper -- responsible for any changes to the order and items in the product backlog. You will be available to the development team to answer any questions they have regarding the customer’s view of how they’re implementing a product feature.
This role reports to the Product Manager and operates with a high degree of independence and autonomy.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Advocate on behalf of the customer and stakeholders to ensure our technical teams understand and are aligned with the goals and expectations of new products and features
- Gather and interpret customer needs (using UserVoice as the primary tool) and define the associated features (in Azure DevOps) to meet those needs
- Gather, manage, and prioritise the product development backlog and bug and defect resolution
- Work with a cross-functional team in planning a product release, which includes providing background materials (such as research and analysis)
- Ensure expectations (particularly quality) are met throughout the process
- Continuously improve and maintain technical product knowledge and specific domain expertise (Office 365 product, extensions and add-ins)
- Support the Product Manager in defining a product strategy and developing the product vision and roadmap
- Stay current on our product positioning and the competitive landscape to enable thoughtful and commercially sensible decisions on product backlog prioritisation
- Collaborate with the UX team to develop personas and Job/User Stories
- Contribute to knowledge sharing within ClearPeople through internal articles and knowledge sharing sessions
TravelNote: This role requires frequent travel (as regular as bi-weekly) between ClearPeople’s London and Alicante, Spain, offices to ensure high degree of collaboration and engagement with both Product Management and Product development teams, and from time to time to current or prospective customers to gather user feedback.
Essential Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- 7+ years of experience in the Microsoft digital solutions space (required)
- 4+ years of experience in the Microsoft Office 365/Azure solution stack (required)
- 3+ years of experience working within an agile/scrum product development environment (required)
- Experience with user feedback tools such as UserVoice
- Excellent detailed written and verbal communication skills in English, including user interface documentation skills
- Demonstrated success in releasing products that meet and exceed business objectives
- Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both senior and junior staff members
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority; the ability to influence and work collaboratively with development teams is especially important
- Experience in customer-facing roles preferred
- Experience designing user experience preferred
- Any relevant technical certifications preferred
ClearPeople offers a competitive package of salary and benefits to attract top talent. Our office attire is casual, which is convenient when you are fitting in the school run in the morning, a yoga class at lunchtime or a cycle ride home at the end of the day. Flexibility is just one of the ways we prioritise the overall wellbeing of our people, which enables each of us to bring our best selves to work every day and focus on collaboration and results.
Specific benefits include:
- Real work-life balance – our working week is 37.5 hours per week with flexible working hours and opportunities to work from home
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Annual budget for social events
- Training budget
- Charity initiatives
- Casual office place
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- BUPA cash plan
- And more!
ClearPeople is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.