As Financial Controller you will be key to helping take the company through its next phase of growth.
Roles and responsibilities
- You will have responsibility for all financial operations and external reporting.
- You will help build a finance team and reshape existing accounting and control processes appropriate for a fast-paced and growing business. This will include all financial reporting and analysis, developing systems, and working with our overseas dev team.
- Specifically, you will deliver monthly consolidated management accounts; lead the budgeting and forecasting process; oversee the audit, and deal with regulators and tax and compliance issues.
- You will also manage operational finance and manage the relationship with outsourced accounting firms (e.g. payroll for London and Spain).
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) passionate about business and technology. You will work autonomously and strategically, whilst delivering to strict reporting deadlines. You will possess the ability to build a finance function and demonstrate great adaptability.
- Proven experience dealing with WIP and deferred revenue
- Thorough of principles and procedures
- Experience with functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user, advanced Excel and administrative skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure
Previous experience or a good understanding of working in environment similar to ours within technology, consultancy or an agency preferred.