Delivering a new intranet to maximise employee engagement can be a disruptive project within your business. We’ve worked with hundreds of clients to develop their intelligent workspace and time and time again, we’re asked how much investment in terms of staff commitment is needed and what ROI they can expect from introducing such a platform.
The discovery process is integral in helping to answer these questions but it is often very under-valued. The discovery phase helps you to answer:
- What – what is being created and what will it achieve?
- Who – who is it being created for?
- Why – why we are creating it
- How – how we are going to create it and how much will it cost?
- When – when we will deliver it
Join us on 23rd January 2019 to discover the Discovery Phase - in a day.
This interactive workshop has been put together to help you answer these questions and gain a deep understanding of the process involved in developing a successful intranet.
Our Lead User Experience Consultant has award-winning experience helping global and local organisations define their digital intelligent workspace. He has designed the agenda for the day to fully immerse you in the types of activities that will help you define your own intranet journey.
You’ll work in a small group to form a fictional business and go through a series of workshops where you’ll truly understand the users, stakeholders and their perspectives and identify business goals for your intranet.
By the end of the day you’ll be equipped with the knowledge of what internal resources you’ll need to gather when developing your own collaboration infrastructure and the return on investment you can expect from delivering a platform that works.
The day's agenda
- 10:15 – 10:45 Arrivals and breakfast
- 10:45 – 11:00 intros and agenda
- 11:00 – 11:30 Going into business
- As a group we will create a business, we will assign roles to each person defining their position not only within the example business but within the steering committee, this will enable them to understand what types of resources will be needed to drive the project forward, we will then define why we are undertaking a discovery and why we need a new system so we have clear objectives to achieve within the rest of the workshops/outputs
- 11:30 – 12:00 Stakeholder workshop (business requirements)
- Identify business goals for the system, what is its purpose and how will it add value to the business, we will use affinity mapping and some activities to identify this info
- 12:00 – 12:30 Empathy mapping and persona definition workshop
- We will use empathy maps to define our archetypal userbase for the system and their individual goals
- 12:30 – 13:00 Lunch
- 13:00 – 13:30 Information architecture (card sorting)
- Define a structure and all of the required areas that will create the solution, define all content types needed and how users will find them
- 13:30 – 14:15 User workshop (structure, layout and content hierarchy)
- Using the boards from the previous workshop we will define a homepage, landing page, and what webparts should go on these to enable users to work smarter and align this to the business objectives we have outlined, there will be discussion around this too
- 14:15 – 14:30 Break
Outputs playback and Show & Tell:
- 14:30 – 14: 45 Personas
- 14:45 – 15:00 Optimal sort and Nav spec
- 15:00 – 15:15 User journeys
- 15:15 – 15:30 Axure mid-fi wireframes and prototype
- 15:30 – 15:45 InVision hi-fi design
- 15:45 – 15:50 Break
- 15: 50 – 16:20 Atlas demo and questions
- 16:20 – 16:30 Final Q&A and wrap up
Register your free place by filling in your details below: